The Crusade Expansion is the second expansion for Galactic Civilizations III. It was released on May 8, 2017. Crusade dramatically shifted the design of the game towards its original, as yet unrealized, vision (a process completed by the Retribution Expansion). It introduced the Civilization Builder, ground invasions, espionage, citizens, three new major races, a new UI, a new resource system, and many other changes to gameplay and balance. Racial abilities became more distinct and impactful.
- The shield around Earth has been eliminated, but humanity has been anything but idle. Furious that their attempts at diplomacy and goodwill were met with treachery and violence, Earth has turned to its most valuable asset: its people. From spies trained in espionage to soldiers ready to invade enemy planets, the galaxy is ready for a crusade.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Civilization Builder
- Ground invasions
- Spies can steal technologies, cause unrest, sabotage, and assassinate
- Special citizens confer colony-level and global effects, depending on their type
- Promote citizens to convert them into a specific benefit
- Invest shipyard production into treasure hunts, resource discovery, etc
- New Races and Civilizations